Yum! Global Diversity and Inclusion
"Diversity, inclusion and engagement are simply part of our core values at Yum!. 'Believe In All People' means tapping into the diverse skills, cultures, perspectives and experiences of each of our associates to drive great marketplace performance. Our strategic diversity and inclusion vision is to grow leadership, franchisee and supplier pipelines that increasingly reflect our diverse customer and investor base."
Yum! Brands Sr. Director of
Global Diversity and Inclusion
At Yum!, we believe that all suppliers should have an equal opportunity to do business with us. That’s why we are committed to having a leading corporate supplier diversity program. In partnership with our exclusive supply chain management organization, Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions, LLC. (RSCS), we invest considerable resources to buy products and services from certified diverse suppliers. We also encourage our majority-owned suppliers to use diverse suppliers, subcontractors and distribution services that meet Yum!’s needs. By investing in diverse suppliers we are able to leverage unique perspectives and talents while supporting the emerging needs of our customers and the marketplace.
- Actively seek qualified diverse suppliers for all possible company needs
- Ensure that diverse suppliers fully comprehend the company's requirements and are able to bid appropriately
- Make every reasonable effort to help qualifiable diverse suppliers meet our standards
- Only accept proposals that are competitive with other supply options
Diverse Supplier Expectations
All of our diverse suppliers must meet the high standards we expect from any vendor we do business with, including:
- Produce high quality goods and services
- Sell products at the most competitive price possible
- Ensure availability and deliver goods on time, every time
Who qualifies as a diverse supplier?
Yum! welcomes certified diverse suppliers of the following classifications (place your mouse over an information icon for details on diversity designations):
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and/or Transgender Owned Business Enterprise (LGBTBE)
- Business Enterprise Owned by People with Disabilities (BEPD)
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- Small Business Administration (i.e. 8(a), SDB, HUBZone)
- 8(a) Business Development Program
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
Businesses must possess proof of certification or other proof of status from one of the following certification agencies or their affiliates:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) - www.nmsdc.org
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) - www.wbenc.org
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) - www.nwboc.org
- The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) - www.nglcc.org
- U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN) - www.usbln.org
- Association for Service Disabled Veterans (ASDV) - www.asdv.org
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - www.sba.gov
- State and Local Governments
Products and Services
A wide range of products and services are needed to support our brands, including but not limited to the following categories:
- Resource Services
- Digital/Interactive Solutions
- Printing-large and small scale
- Staffing and Recruiting Services
- Facilities Management
- IT Services
- Advertising/Marketing Services
The first step in becoming a diverse supplier with Yum! is to register your company with our diverse supplier database. Once your registration has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Your completed profile will assist our team in evaluating your capabilities in relation to the needs within our Yum! system. Visit our Supplier Diversity Portal to get registered or to continue/update a registration.
Please note that we require our diverse suppliers to update their certifications on an annual basis to ensure we have the most accurate information on file. You will receive an automated email from our system to inform you about updating your certification.
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com.