Pizza Hut Receives the 2016 HALO AWARD
July 15, 2016
Pizza Hut is a 2016 recipient of the HALO award, an honor given by the Food News Media which awards restaurant companies that provide genuine quality contributions to a happy healthy active lifestyle. Their efforts support various wellness programs for every team member and their food quality initiatives benefit both employees and customers.
Pizza Hut takes a well-rounded approach to a balanced lifestyle, both for their employees and customers. For team members, Pizza Hut truly invests in their well-being, offering a portfolio of programs free of charge or that provide assistance, paving the way for team members to pursue physical activities and interests outside of work.
A few of Pizza Hut’s core programs include:
- Global Fit: Gives access to a gym network that offers membership discounts at 10,000 gyms, fitness centers and studios nationwide.
- Annual Health Screenings: Offered to Assistant Store Managers and above, screenings measure cholesterol, weight, height, blood pressure, glucose and BMI.
- Virgin Pulse: Offered to Assistant Store Managers and above, provides fitness tracking via engagement and incentive programs. Awards employees up to $300 per year for tracking healthy behaviors and completing wellness challenges.
Making sure that their team members keep moving was just one half of the equation. The Halo Award also recognized Pizza Hut for their high food quality standards and the many strives we’ve made toward freshness and transparency.
- First national pizza restaurant company to remove artificial colors and flavors in pizza
- Skinny It Up pizzas
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Pizza, certified by Gluten-Intolerance Group (GIG)
- 100 percent natural Italian sausage and fresh toppings such as spinach, mushrooms, green bell peppers, red onions and tomatoes
- 100 percent real cheese made with whole milk mozzarella