News by Year
News by Brand
For your convenience, we have archived all of Yum! Brands' statements and press releases since our company's inception in 1997. To view an archived press release, please select a 'year' or 'brand' from the list above.
- March 25, 2015 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- February 24, 2015 – Yum! Brands to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2015 Consumer & Retail Conference and the UBS Global Consumer Conference
- February 4, 2015 – Yum! Brands Reports Full-Year EPS Growth of 4%, or $3.09 Per Share, Excluding Special Items; Maintains Full-Year Guidance of at least 10% EPS Growth in 2015
- December 9, 2014 – Yum! Brands Expects Full-Year 2015 EPS Growth of At Least 10%; Will Host Investor Update Meeting on Thursday, December 11, 2014
- November 20, 2014 – Yum! Brands Inc. Announces Authorization of up to $1 Billion in Share Repurchases and Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- October 7, 2014 – Yum! Brands Reports Third-Quarter EPS Growth of 3%, Excluding Special Items; Soft China Sales Reduce 2014 Full-Year EPS Expectations
- September 10, 2014 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Announces 11% Increase in Quarterly Dividend, Marking Tenth Consecutive Double-Digit Percentage Increase
- July 16, 2014 – Yum! Brands Reports Second-Quarter EPS Growth of 30%, Excluding Special Items; China Division System Sales Increased 21% with Operating Profit Growth of 188%; Yum! Reaffirms Full-Year Guidance of at least 20% EPS Growth
Yum! Brands Inc. Appoints Michael J. Cavanagh to Board
LOUISVILLE, KY, November 16, 2012 – Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM) announced today the appointment of Michael J. Cavanagh, 46, to its Board of Directors. Cavanagh is the Co-Chief Executive Officer of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Corporate & Investment Bank based in New York, New York. The appointment will be effective immediately.
“Michael Cavanagh will make an outstanding addition to the Yum! Brands Board of Directors. Mike is a leader of one of the largest financial services businesses in the world, with demonstrated leadership capabilities and extensive experience in global markets, strategic investment, cash management and retail. His expertise will be highly valuable as we invest in our future growth, and continue our long-term strategy as a global leader in restaurant development with returns on invested capital among the highest in our industry,” said David C. Novak, Yum! Brands Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Cavanagh was appointed Co-CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Corporate & Investment Bank in July of this year. Prior to that, he was the Chief Executive Officer of JPMC’s Treasury & Securities Services business, one of the world’s largest cash management providers and a leading global custodian. He is also a member of the firm’s Operating and Executive Committees. Prior to being named CEO of Treasury & Securities Services in 2010, Cavanagh was Chief Financial Officer of JPMorgan Chase & Co. for six years. Before being named CFO, Cavanagh was Head of Middle Market Banking for JPMorgan Chase. Cavanagh joined Bank One in May 2000 (prior to its acquisition by JPMorgan) and held a variety of roles there including Head of Strategy and Planning, Treasurer, and other executive positions in banking. Before joining Bank One, Cavanagh spent seven years with Citigroup and its predecessors.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, is the world’s largest restaurant company in terms of system restaurants with over 38,000 restaurants in more than 120 countries and territories. Yum! is ranked #213 on the Fortune 500 List and generated revenues of more than $12 billion in 2011. The Company’s restaurant brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Outside the United States, the Yum! Brands system opened approximately four new restaurants each day of the year, making it a leader in international retail development. The Company has consistently been recognized for its reward and recognition culture, diversity leadership, community giving, and consistent shareholder returns.
Analysts are invited to contact:
Tim Jerzyk, Senior Vice President Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Steve Schmitt, Senior Director Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Members of the media are invited to contact:
Amy Sherwood, Vice President Public Relations, at 502⁄874–8200