News by Year
News by Brand
For your convenience, we have archived all of Yum! Brands' statements and press releases since our company's inception in 1997. To view an archived press release, please select a 'year' or 'brand' from the list above.
- November 19, 2015 – Yum! Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.46 Per Share
- November 12, 2015 – Yum! Files 8-K with China October Sales
- October 20, 2015 – Yum! Brands Announces Intention to Separate into Two Publicly Traded Companies
- October 15, 2015 – Yum! Brands Nears Conclusion of Strategic Review; Appoints Keith A. Meister to the Board of Directors; Updates Outlook for 2015
- October 15, 2015 – Q3 2015 Yum! Brands, Inc. Form 10-Q
- October 6, 2015 – Q3 2015 Yum! Brands, Inc. Earnings Release
- July 14, 2015 – Q2 2015 Yum! Brands, Inc. Earnings Release
- May 19, 2015 – Yum! Brands to Present at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference
- May 1, 2015 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- April 21, 2015 – Q1 2015 Yum! Brands, Inc. Earnings Release
- March 25, 2015 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- February 24, 2015 – Yum! Brands to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2015 Consumer & Retail Conference and the UBS Global Consumer Conference
- February 4, 2015 – Yum! Brands Reports Full-Year EPS Growth of 4%, or $3.09 Per Share, Excluding Special Items; Maintains Full-Year Guidance of at least 10% EPS Growth in 2015
YUM! BRANDS INC. ANNOUNCES 18% INCREASE IN QUARTERLY DIVIDEND, MARKING EIGHTH CONSECUTIVE DOUBLE-DIGIT PERCENTAGE INCREASE
LOUISVILLE, KY, September 20, 2012 – Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM) announced that its Board of Directors approved an 18% increase in the Company’s quarterly dividend. The quarterly cash dividend will increase from $0.285 to $0.335 per share and will be effective with the dividend payment to be distributed on November 2, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 12, 2012. This increase raises the annual dividend rate to $1.34 a share.
David C. Novak, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “I am pleased to inform our shareholders we increased our dividend by 18%, marking the eighth consecutive year we have raised our dividend at a double-digit percentage rate. Our quarterly dividend has more than doubled over the last five years.
Our first priority with the operating cash we generate is to invest in high-return global growth opportunities. In addition to investing in future growth, Yum!’s consistent performance and substantial free cash flow generation allows us to return significant cash to our shareholders through a meaningful quarterly dividend and share buybacks.”
Yum! initiated its dividend in 2004 and is in a select group of companies from the S&P 500 to increase its dividend at a double-digit percentage rate each of the past eight years. Yum! continues to target a payout ratio of 35 to 40% of annual net income before special items.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Ky., is the world’s largest restaurant company in terms of system restaurants with nearly 38,000 restaurants in more than 120 countries and territories. The Company is ranked #213 on the Fortune 500 List, with revenues of more than $12 billion in 2011. The Company’s restaurant brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Outside the United States, the Yum! Brands system opened approximately four new restaurants each day of the year, making it a leader in international retail development. The Company has consistently been recognized for its reward and recognition culture, diversity leadership, community giving, and consistent shareholder returns.
Analysts are invited to contact:
Tim Jerzyk, Senior Vice President Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Steve Schmitt, Senior Director Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Members of the media are invited to contact:
Amy Sherwood, Vice President Public Relations, at 502⁄874–8200