News by Year
News by Brand
More Financial Releases
- Earnings Releases
For your convenience, we have archived all of Yum! Brands' statements and press releases since our company's inception in 1997. To view an archived press release, please select a 'year' or 'brand' from the list above.
- March 25, 2015 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- February 24, 2015 – Yum! Brands to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2015 Consumer & Retail Conference and the UBS Global Consumer Conference
- February 4, 2015 – Yum! Brands Reports Full-Year EPS Growth of 4%, or $3.09 Per Share, Excluding Special Items; Maintains Full-Year Guidance of at least 10% EPS Growth in 2015
- December 9, 2014 – Yum! Brands Expects Full-Year 2015 EPS Growth of At Least 10%; Will Host Investor Update Meeting on Thursday, December 11, 2014
- November 20, 2014 – Yum! Brands Inc. Announces Authorization of up to $1 Billion in Share Repurchases and Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.41 per Share
- October 7, 2014 – Yum! Brands Reports Third-Quarter EPS Growth of 3%, Excluding Special Items; Soft China Sales Reduce 2014 Full-Year EPS Expectations
- September 10, 2014 – Yum! Brands, Inc. Announces 11% Increase in Quarterly Dividend, Marking Tenth Consecutive Double-Digit Percentage Increase
- July 16, 2014 – Yum! Brands Reports Second-Quarter EPS Growth of 30%, Excluding Special Items; China Division System Sales Increased 21% with Operating Profit Growth of 188%; Yum! Reaffirms Full-Year Guidance of at least 20% EPS Growth
Yum! Brands, Inc. Announces 10% Increase in Quarterly Dividend,
Marking Ninth Consecutive Double-Digit Percentage Increase
LOUISVILLE, KY, September 19, 2013 – Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM) announced that its Board of Directors approved a 10% increase in the Company’s quarterly dividend. The quarterly cash dividend will increase from $0.335 to $0.37 per share and will be effective with the dividend payment to be distributed on November 1, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 11, 2013. This increase raises the annual dividend rate to $1.48 per share.
David C. Novak, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “I am pleased to inform our shareholders we increased our dividend by 10%, marking the ninth consecutive year we have raised our dividend at a double-digit percentage rate. Our quarterly dividend has nearly doubled over the last five years.
Our first priority with the operating cash we generate is to invest in high-return global growth opportunities. In addition to investing in future growth, Yum!’s substantial free cash flow generation allows us to return significant cash to our shareholders through a meaningful quarterly dividend and share buybacks.”
Yum! initiated its dividend in 2004 and is in a select group of companies from the S&P 500 to increase its dividend at a double-digit percentage rate each of the past nine years. Over the long term, Yum! targets a payout ratio of 35% to 40% of annual net income before special items.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 39,000 restaurants in more than 130 countries and territories. Yum! is ranked #201 on the Fortune 500 List with revenues of over $13 billion in 2012 and in 2013 was named among the top 100 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The Company’s restaurant brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Outside the United States, the Yum! Brands system opened over five new restaurants per day, making it a leader in international retail development. The Company has consistently been recognized for its reward and recognition culture, diversity leadership, community giving, and consistent shareholder returns.
Analysts are invited to contact:
Steve Schmitt, Vice President Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Donny Lau, Director Investor Relations, at 888⁄298–6986
Members of the media are invited to contact:
Amy Sherwood, Vice President Public Relations, at 502⁄874–8200