Building Three Global, Iconic Brands People Trust and Champion
Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), based in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the world’s largest restaurant companies with nearly 43,000 restaurants in almost 140 countries and territories. Yum! Brands is ranked #218 on the FORTUNE 500 list with revenues of more than $13 billion and in 2014 was named one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. Our restaurant brands – KFC®, Pizza Hut® and Taco Bell® – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to almost 65 percent in 2015. We’re a leader in global retail development, opening on average over six new restaurants per day worldwide.
We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with nearly 16,500 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With about 2.5 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our goal is to continue to build three global, iconic brands that people trust and champion. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into more relevant, engaged, connected and caring global brands. We will focus on sharper brand positioning and insight-driven marketing programs by concentrating on these key areas: more product customization, more transparency, leading innovation and more engagement through social media and digital. We also remain focused on the three keys to driving shareholder value: new-unit development, same-store sales growth and generating high returns on invested capital.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our 1.5 million associates around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is a place where anyone can, and does, make a difference.
Learn more about the Yum! business by clicking on a country below.
- Data updated twice a year following our Q2 and Q4 Earnings Releases. Information on this page may contain dated information and should not be relied on as providing accurate or current information. Refer to Yum’s SEC filings and reports under the “Investor” section of our website for the most current information.
- Store counts are as of Q2 2016.
- Store counts exclude East Dawning and Little Sheep units, and units located on international U.S. Military Bases.
- Licensed units are included in franchise unit counts.
- Country populations obtained from The World Bank.