Building Three Global, Iconic Brands People Trust and Champion
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 43,000 restaurants in 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. The Company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to almost 65 percent in 2015. We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with nearly 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With about 2.5 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our mission is to build the world’s most loved, trusted and fastest growing restaurant brands. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into iconic, distinctive and relevant global brands.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our 1.5 million employees around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is great place to be yourself, grow and make a difference.
We’re focused on our our four growth drivers:
Learn more about the Yum! business by clicking on a country below.
- Data updated twice a year following our Q2 and Q4 Earnings Releases. Information on this page may contain dated information and should not be relied on as providing accurate or current information. Refer to Yum’s SEC filings and reports under the “Investor” section of our website for the most current information.
- Store counts are as of Q2 2016.
- Store counts exclude East Dawning and Little Sheep units, and units located on international U.S. Military Bases.
- Licensed units are included in franchise unit counts.
- Country populations obtained from The World Bank.